Age 4


Saturday, July 28, 2012, the hike at Kennesaw Mountain was really eye opening.  We had a hiker with the group that was only 4 years old.  She may have been the youngest hiker of the day, but I promise you she was one of the best. 



Prior to the hike her mom and I were talking back and forth via e-mail about if it would be okay for a 4 year old to go on the hike.  The mom was trying to convince me that she didn’t want to go because she thought her daughter would slow the group down.  But of course I convinced her that she wouldn’t slow us down.  Well, the truth is that yes a four year old will slow us down and that’s ok, because if she was willing then so was I.  My motto is “no person left behind” not even if they are four.


Needless to say that little 4 year old completed the whole 1800 feet of climbing and did not complain once during the 3 hours it took from start to finish.  A good number of adults stopped and turned back, which is understandable because it happens.  However, this hike confirmed my other motto again, “You’re never too old or young to hike”.  

This picture is of the youngest and the oldest on the hike...



I truly enjoy hiking Kennesaw Mountain and I love introducing people to the wonder of the outdoors for the first time!

Reginald Mitchell

No comments:

Post a Comment