Fat & Fabulous

Fat and Fabulous: Body Positivity



I went to Spain and posted a picture of me in a monokini aka one-piece bathing suit. I looked fabulous. My braids were cascading down my back, the bright yellow bathing suit fit perfectly and I was in a gorgeous pool in freaking Spain.
I know how cruel social media can be but I’m normally supported when I share travel photos.  I shared the photo on social media and received lots of positive feedback including 21,000 likes in Girls Love Travel Facebook group along with thousands of affirmative comments. Although that sounds impressive, I was more excited about the comments from women saying that I inspired them to be comfortable within there own body. 
About a week later I discovered that this same swimsuit picture had been floating around Facebook and had been used negatively. The caption stated, “You will cheer for a 300-pound woman in a two-piece bathing suit and not a skinny girl in the same swimsuit” 
Several Problems with this statement:
See more of Tiffys Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment